Sunday, August 15, 2010

Letter from Officer V.Newman

California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation


Memorandum
September 3rd, 2009
Re: Reference for Officer Rob McGowan


To Whom It May Concern:


I am writing you in regard to Rob McGowan. I have known Rob since 1998/1999. We have worked together at the Correctional Institute for Men at Chino, many times in the same yard or building. He has always conducted himself in a respectful and professional manner to inmates and co-workers. I have also been in a position during my time as a Sergeant to supervise him. During such time I observed the same professional and respectful mannerisms, even during incidents where it would have been easy for him to respond negatively. I find him to be hard working, dependable and honest. He has shown himself to be a good friend to his co-workers, working for them when they needed time off to attend to events in their personal lives. The Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation would be a better place if there were more officers of his caliber.


I have also witnessed the dedicated family man that Rob is. We live in the same area and on many occasions I have run into him with his family. I have seen him cheering on his children at the soccer field and shopping with his wife at Wal-Mart. I have never seen him without his family. The old adage, “the family that plays together stays together”, conjures up images of him in my mind. Family is of the highest importance to him and he understands that and has worked for me to spend time with my own family on special occasions. Children should not grow up without a father and a woman should not grow old without her husband. We see all too often, especially in the careers we have chosen as Correctional Officers that family is of the greatest importance.


As you read this, I hope that you can find compassion in your hearts. Please do not tear apart this family. Please let there be a cheerleader on the sidelines of those soccer games and a hand to hold as the days turn into years. This family, this man, this woman and these two children deserve to be together. What has happened is an injustice of the highest magnitude. I would like to thank you in advance for keeping this family together.


Sincerely,


Vance W. Newman
CA Dept. of Corrections Chino

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are hoping that all of you out there will COMMENT and FOLLOW to show your support for this travesty of INJUSTICE, not only to a Peace Officer, but to innocent people across this nation.

Trying to Screw Me

Trying to Screw Me
Dont LetEm Screw YOU