Sunday, August 15, 2010

Letter from Officer O.Villa

Aug. 21, 2009

Re: Robert McGowan Letter of Character
Case No. CR-07-123R

To Whom it May Concern,

I, Correctional Peace Officer Villa, Oscar A. have known Robert McGowan (Mac) since 2004, when I arrived at California Institution for Men from the California Youth Authority. I had the pleasure of meeting and working alongside with Mac at Reception Center Central at Cypress Unit. Upon arriving to California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) I noticed that Mac was the type of person that always took the initiative to pull aside a new officer and teach them the ropes. I was one of those fortunate officers that Mac pull aside and I truly admit that if the department had Training Field Officers, Mac would be the perfect candidate for that position.



Over the years that I grew to know Mac not only as an officer but as a family man I truly admire his intelligence, courage and caring ways. Mac’s intelligence was able to change a potential dangerous situation to one that he would deescalate with just his verbal skills. Mac’s verbal skills were magical when it came to dealing with inmates because like I mentioned before Mac was able to talk inmates out of self harming situations and I was there alongside him to witness it. And there were numerous times that many inmates lives were saved by his intelligent verbal skills.


Mac’s courage in dealing with inmates was admiring. No matter how big or small the situation was when dealing with an inmate, Mac was one of the first ones there. His courage was so great that when the time came to put his life in front of his fellow partners Mac did not hesitate one bit to do it. And I truly have to admit for Mac to put himself in harms way for a fellow partner is something that could not be explained in words and would never be forgotten.


Although Mac being about 6’5’’ and weighing well over 200 pounds he has the heart of soft cuddly teddy bear. There’s no words that I can put together to describe the love for his family (parents, siblings, in-laws, wife, son 10 and daughter 3). Being there first hand with my family and his family at social events like birthday parties and social gatherings was so hearts warming seeing how Mac poured his heart out to make you feel like you were one of the family. Mac is not only a best friend but a loving and caring husband to his wife. Mac is not just a parent but someone who has earned the title of Father to his son and daughter, seeing how he is so involved with his children’s education, community involvement and a respectful up bringing. Mac has taken the overwhelming burden of working tough long hours to keep his wife at home to raise a family just like the old fashion way. I truly admire such act being that in present times it is so common for both parents to have to leave the household to provide a good home upbringing for their family. I also, look up to Mac and see him as that older brother I never had and try to learn and follow his caring family values for I have also had my spouse be a so called stay at home mom to my children.


I can probably write a short book about Robert McGowan after knowing him for the past 5 years but I hope that the time you take to read my letter can paint a picture in your mind about Mac and the person he truly is, not the picture that some inmates, and the court system have painted him to be. It has already been proven in the court that many of the accusations brought against Mac have been false. I hope you take into consideration the heart ache and pain his family has endured over the past years and how much we will all hate to see Robert McGowan and his family continue to be punished for just doing the job he loves to do. And let’s not forget that Mac swore an oath to serve and protect and to hold up the law.


Thanking you in advance for reviewing my sincere thoughts about Mac.


Sincerely,


Oscar A. Villa
Correctional Peace Officer

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are hoping that all of you out there will COMMENT and FOLLOW to show your support for this travesty of INJUSTICE, not only to a Peace Officer, but to innocent people across this nation.

Trying to Screw Me

Trying to Screw Me
Dont LetEm Screw YOU