Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A letter from Mrs. Robert McGowan

Jun 14th, 2010 By pacovilla As posted this weekend on the PacoVilla Forums, following is a letter from Robert McGowan’s wife, Lorraine. Posted at Mrs. McGowan’s request by CIM stalwart “Indian Chief” (David “Sitnbull” Lopez), it was drafted in direct response to the groundswell of support for the McGowan’s. We will have a donation link posted prominently once the account information is available…no more than a day or two. In the interim, PLEASE set aside whatever you can and standby by for details.
I spoke with Rob today… it was thankfully and luckily a very lengthy amount of time (longer than I could have wished for, not a mere 15 min. call). He sounds in better spirits each day yet I can hear he is trying to remain strong while holding back his feelings of being terribly homesick. He was also able to make a collect phone call yesterday, and the previous day TWICE! He is keeping it together, though it’s so hard for me to stay strong and compose myself when I hear his voice crack or the sound of his running nose.
The Marshall’s, Sgts., and Lts. have been very understanding and doing within realm to keep him comfortable. I sigh in relief as he tells me this. I worry so much about his physical and mental state… and he of me… and of us all.
He is at the Lerdo Max-Med facility right now (Bakersfield), though he doesn’t exactly know how long he will stay there. They immediately transferred out of Metro DC by Union Station Monday night/Tues morning, he couldn’t be sure what the time was, because he no longer wears his Christmas watch that was given to him from us. So it’s more than likely that the kids and I will be able to drive up to Bakersfield and get in a once weekly visit. Rob is upset that it will be through glass and only be able to speak to each other through the phone, but I told him I am completely excited for even THAT. He worried about the kids seeing their father like this, but I explained that our 4yr. old, thinks he’s working at the jail, but just can’t come home yet, however we get to visit him through the window.. she was happy with that because she says, "I miss him.” Our 11yr. old is excited but a little scared at the same time. He's still trying to get over the fact that his dad never came home that day, June 7th, after court. I told him, “It’s okay, son. I know how scary all of this is. I won’t pressure you to go and I’m sure Papa will understand either way.” I’m going to bring him up with us though, just in case he changes his mind, so he doesn’t regret not going.
I have heard (I haven’t been able to get on all the blogs and FB personally, except to post messages from my phone) from many people, officers, family and friends how everyone is showing their support for Rob and our family. There have been beautifully inspirational writings about him and supportive comments too. Many are pledging to help us out financially. Wow! We are truly appreciative of all of this. I have been spending half of my days making sure calls are made, information is received and simply trying to keep in contact with many of you to give you heads up. The other half is trying to reassure the kids and taking care of all the things Rob did (bills, collections, union and attny. calls, home and auto maintenence, and small jobs for income, etc.). We want to keep our children in as much of a familiar environment and routine as I can while we fix and reverse this injustice… this prejudice to officers everywhere.
I whole heartily apologize to those who I haven’t yet called in person. I, WE, LOVE that you have called to offer help and that you are there for us when we need you. We are working on being able to stay here in the High Desert, making arrangements with our landlord, the utility companies, taxes, auto loans and other debtors to work with us to make this possible. 
I convey all of this information, especially the supportive sentiments, to Rob which he says gives him some comfort, as much as he can feel and allow, where he’s at. He tells me after our phone calls, that he breathes a big sigh of relief and can relax when he hears this, even though for a short while, waiting alone. (I will talk to Lorraine as soon as thing’s settle down and maybe I can assist her on setting up an Bank Account at a Major Bank. I’m hearing from Correctional Peace Officers all over the State, that want to give whatever, they can!! Give us a week or so to get this setup. David “Sitnbull” Lopez)
Rob wants to me ask all of you, if for even just 3 months, if we might be able to gather 30 or more you to put together a fund for donations of $25 a month from everyone. He said he knows you guys can do it, that he’s done it too and for me not to be afraid to ask for help. So, here I am, putting myself out here… please, help us. I promise to dedicate myself not only to my family, but to all of you, so this doesn’t happen to ANYONE again.
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts, Mrs. McGowan, our children and of course Rob (Mac)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are hoping that all of you out there will COMMENT and FOLLOW to show your support for this travesty of INJUSTICE, not only to a Peace Officer, but to innocent people across this nation.

Trying to Screw Me

Trying to Screw Me
Dont LetEm Screw YOU