Sunday, August 15, 2010

Letter from M.Mancinelli

My name is Mark and I am proud that Rob McGowan is my friend.



The first time I met Rob, he came knocking on my door. When I opened the door, there he stood 6’ 5” at 325 plus lbs. “What a burley man” I thought. As for me, I am the physical description of the officer alleged to have assaulted the inmates. “He was a Hispanic or maybe Italian about 5-8.” That is NOT Robert McGowan! How is it that he was mistaken for that description!


Anyway, I noticed right a way, Rob’s huge grin as he kindly offered my wife and I his hand to shake, welcoming us to the neighborhood. He then surprised us when he handed us a brand new USA flag. I was extremely grateful and impressed by his gentle demeanor and thoughtfulness. Because earlier that day, Rob had noticed that my flag had been torn by the wind, blowing it into our rose bushes. So he went out and purchased a new one, and gave it to us as a gift along with his friendship, welcoming us to the neighborhood.


Rob and I began talking about how great our country is and the common pride we share. Rob and I agree with the US Flag Etiquette rules and, we strictly adhere to them when caring for Old Glory. Rob installed a beautifully illuminated flag that flies night and day in his front yard. It displays his love for our United States of America. That was my first time meeting Rob McGowan and we've been great friends since.


My wife and I consider being neighbors with the McGowan family a wonderful blessing. Both Rob and his wife are always going out of their way to help others on our block including myself, with anything around our homes and our vehicles.


His wife, Lorraine is a fabulous cook and, we are so fortunate for her kindness, because she often walks over to our home sharing her delicious homemade food with us. Yum!


Rob and Lorraine’s two children reveal the great parenting skills and love that they have passed on to their kids. As a neighbor I have been a witness to the show of affection they both have for each other. I truly admire this tight knit family.


I miss seeing Rob outside in his front yard with his son and daughter. Both of his children were always at Dad’s side. Rob’s little girl was always following her Daddy around on her tricycle. She was never more than a few feet away from him. He is a gentle loving Dad and both of his kids enjoy being with him. And now his children have been robbed of their father’s presence, love and parental guidance due to a lie that the court base its verdict on. These two kids and Rob’s wonderful and very supportive wife should not be the ones punished because of a lie told by a prison inmate.


Rob and Lorraine have been married for about 16 years and yet their affection for one another could have a stranger assuming they were a newly married couple. I know how amazed I was when I heard they've been married for 16 years and, they have an 11-year-old son!


The McGowan family does everything together. When they are outside they can be found sitting together on their yard swing under a tree or playing together or just working around in their yard as a family. Their children’s personalities reflect their Mom and Dad’s gentle dispositions. The McGowans always smile and wave to my wife and I whenever we are outside. Their two children display exactly the same kindness, love and friendship towards others as their parents do the same. Great kids! It’s a joy to be around them. Their son and daughter are so intelligent and mature for their ages. Great parents!!


These kids need their dad, to have Rob at home so that he and Lorraine can continue the great job they've been doing in raising their awesome children. Why would a judge divide this family over a lie from a felon in prison?

Written July 22, 2010 - M. Mancinelli

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are hoping that all of you out there will COMMENT and FOLLOW to show your support for this travesty of INJUSTICE, not only to a Peace Officer, but to innocent people across this nation.

Trying to Screw Me

Trying to Screw Me
Dont LetEm Screw YOU